New Trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Picked up my new to me Longstaff trike last night , a converted ladies trike with a tandem width axle (around 3 1/2" wider than a solo) it will be interesting to compare it to riding the conversion .
32657143303_de9f83562d_c.jpg

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Plenty of elbow-room then. Is it 2WD?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I think Trykit serviced some Longstaffs. Possibly replaced internals (I'm not sure).

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I don't even want to think about how a 2WD trike might work. I get confused by car diffs! And Cardiff, for that matter.

OP
OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Guru
He could head down Windy Bank, only one real corner!
It's taken me nearly 3 months to recover from my last steep descent on a trike to be honest ^_^
I don't even want to think about how a 2WD trike might work. I get confused by car diffs! And Cardiff, for that matter.
Think cassette (or block on a Longstaff ) with two independent freewheels and a shaft from each freewheel connected to a wheel on either side :okay:

Paul

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 379584 Updated pic of my trike after a bit of surgery with a hacksaw and file to get rid of those god awful brazed on brake back plates ^_^,took it for a 75km jaunt up and down a few of the local hills and it's way more stable than the trike conversion with no scary moments even giving it welly down Blackstone edge and the Hebden Bridge road down to Oxenhope :okay:

Paul
Just a couple of question
Did you stay on the A58 after the roundabout, coming off the flyover at Peoples Park?
Did you do the Cragg Vale Climb in less than 20 minutes(@ColinJ's challenge)
How was the descent into Lancashire?

OP
OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Guru
Yes stayed on the A58 and used the flyover ,the majority of driver's are okay there but if I'm going to get a punishment pass it will be on that stretch from the roundabout to Peoples Park,though that day they were cleaning the central reservation so one lane was closed and people were squeezing passed as and when they could .

Crag Vale in 20 minutes,I wish . I think it took me nearer 40 minutes this time which is about 14 minutes slower than my two wheels time but I haven't been out much this year due to breaking my shoulder and real life being a tad harsh .

The drop into Lancashire was great fun especially now they have filled the pothole in on the apex of one of the bends halfway down though the wind was in my face so that kept the speed down , scariest corners of the day are on the descent to Oxenhope the three sharp bends as you approach St Mary's church which involved much hanging off the trike to keep the inside wheel down ^_^

Paul

Top Bottom