New Triker!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kennelmaid

Hello All, just collected my Jorvik Electric folding trike from York. After having surgery on my parathyroid and having osteoarthritis I was scared of falling, but needed to get out and start getting fitter. So! Had a couple of turns around our housing estate and must say I think I'll be in love with her by Monday just need to get used to corners and stop worrying about it falling, which I'm.assured it won't. Its a 24" wheel but as I only have a 29" inside leg I may need to raise the seat an inch so the knees aren't bent all the time, but that means relying on the pedals to climb into the seat - will it put too much pressure on the pedals? I don't want to break it before I've got started!

Pedals are designed to be "stood on"

Ever watched someone climbing a hill out of the saddle?

I wouldn't worry

classic33

Leg End Member
I agree.gif

I use four wheels, and I'd say I put more weight through the pedals when it's loaded, than I do on a bike.

Last edited:
You want to set it up so that when you are sitting on the saddle, your heel will just touch the pedal at maximum reach.
With the ball of your foot on the pedal, this will still give you a little bend in the knee when cycling.
You can then move the saddle up or down a little to get completely comfortable.
This has been proven to be the most efficient position for the seat when cycling.
But you cannot touch the ground when sitting.
So a bike/trike is designed for you to stand on a pedal when starting/stopping.

Enjoy .......... ^_^

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Very nice, but I think it's has a wheel missing at the front, oh and one too many at the back.:hello:

Top Bottom