New TV advice Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The latest gen samsungs are a bit of disappointment imho, they're still great though and apertif must be a very good son! Some of the LGs have a fantastic pic per pound. My new monitor is LG for that reason, really happy with it (again).

ASC1951

Guru
Well, I bought a "Prosonic" from Netto about four years ago for £69.99 to replace my 30 year old Hitachi. 32" or maybe bigger, I think, scart socket and all the rest. CRT of course, at that price, not LCD.

I'm sure it will suddenly turn into a lump of dead metal and plastic in due course but the picture is sharp, the colour spot on and it has already performed way beyond what I expected.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
There's no reason why a CRT won't work till about 2020. SCART may be removed from digiboxes some time in the extreme distant future but I can't see it being a problem for a long time as I don't think many HD freeview boxes will be sold between Nov 2009 and 2012. It'll be years till HDMI takes over as there are loads of legacy boxes on sky and cable too. Even so it's not like the rf modulator problem.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have friends who still look out for good old working CRT TVs and just buy cheap supermarket freeview boxes. Makes for good value for money. I still have an old 19" CTR as a spare that works fine with a free view box.

Top Bottom