New utility for finding and comparing gravel bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

levarg

Regular
I recently created the following utility website for finding and comparing gravel bikes:

http://www.gravel-bikes.co.uk/

It's something I built in my spare time because I was finding it increasingly difficult to find/compare bikes, especially with the many new gravel bikes now available.

You may (or may not) find it useful. I'd also be interested in any feedback you might have about the site. Cheers

BTW - I hope this isn't considered spammy. There is no revenue associated with the site. It's just a hobby project of mine.

the stupid one

Über Member
Two minutes to come up with pretty much the same shortlist it took me ages to compile lately. That seems to work pretty well.

Julia9054

Guru
Fair do. Not something I’d ever buy :smile:
I like mine but one of the problems with riding an extra small frame bike is toe overlap. I was wondering with the small differences in geometry in the women's version, if I could get away with riding the next size up thus reducing the problem.
Speculation anyway as I can't afford to change my bike!

vickster

Legendary Member
I have that issue with mudguards but that’s because I’ve got long legs, big feet but a relatively short torso / reach

Julia9054

Guru
I have that issue with mudguards but that’s because I’ve got long legs, big feet but a relatively short torso / reach
I got rid of the front mudguard which has helped a little

Are gravel bikes what was previously known as cyclo cross bikes?
Cyclo cross bikes have some ‘odd’ features that gravel bikes don’t have, due to the fact that the cyclo cross bike is designed for a particular job, competing in cyclo cross races. The gravel bike takes some of the features of a CX bike, that allow harsher condition riding ( typically higher clearance of the BB / cranks, from the ground, upswept chainstays, frame clearance for wider tyres, and disc brakes), but Gravel bikes tend not to have supplementary brake levers, and they have a typically more relaxed geometry than the ‘racier’ geometry found on a CX bike.

Top Bottom