New version of tyre is (much) smaller than outgoing model... am I within my rights to return them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
All I wanted was something 2-3mm taller/wider.......
And you didn't get it, did you. Good advice from @potsy, but for next time.

Ajax Bay

Guru
If you get special pleasure from succeeding in an epic struggle to fit a tight tyre which is a 'mare to get on a rim, then do not use talc. And also expect to struggle by the roadside the first time it needs taking on and off.

Ajax Bay

Guru
To measure a tyre section, ETRTO has defined:
  • The rim width on which each tyre section must be measured
  • The pressure at which it must be measured, taking into account that the casing of a brand new tyre will stretch within the first 24 hours of inflation, so the measurement should be done after those 24 hours
For example, a tyre said to be a section of 23mm should be measured on a rim of 15mm internal width at 6 bars (87 PSI) after 24 hours.
A tyre said to be a section of 28mm should be measured on a rim of 17mm internal width at 6 bars (87 PSI) after 24 hours.

the-right-tyre-width-on-the-right-rim-width/

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Must be a youngster that posted that!
:rofl:

potsy

Rambler
You know how it works. If I order 28's they will actually measure 28mm and not fit my frame clearance. Then I will have to return them :crazy:
I have some 28's going free to a good home, and maybe a set of 26" mtb ones if jnr needs any?

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
All donations gratefully received, stuff Jnr, they might do for me. What are the 28s? Not some of those bloody awful Marathons I hope!

ayceejay

Guru
I have just seen the new Toblerone bar and I can't help thinking there is a connection between the new gaps between the pyramids and Skolly's tyres.

ayceejay

Guru
Sure enough the new gap is bigger

toblerone.jpg

Top Bottom