New videos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Tut tut, cycling on the pavement again? :rolleyes:

First one - there is no point reporting it, the Police don't give a damn, just like the drivers don't. TBH, instead of wasting paper and my time filling in a form that just gets chucked in the bin, I would speak to a local CPSO or not waste my time.

Plax

Guru
I confess I would have carried on cycling in the first clip and kicked her car on the way past, or cycled into the side on purpose. After all, if It was a car It'd hit the stupid bint.

nethalus

magnatom said:

Now that's interesting that both your first video with the car pulling out and the video that Jacomus posted in response, also with a car just pulling out both the car drivers are women!
I've noticed that a large number of women seem to have trouble seeing other road users at junctions. I've had 2 near misses and 1 hit at mini roundabouts that have been caused by women just pulling out in front of my bus as I'm turning right. The last one was just gobsmacking, 14ft high 8ft wide bus with head lights on, indicating right in broad daylight, as bus is halfway across roundabout woman aged about mid 50s decides she's going straight on without looking. BANG!
I was lucky I had 10 tons of metal and fibre glass to protect me, although I did suffer whip lash. If she'd done that to a cyclist she's have probably wiped them out!

nethalus

I'm pretty sure that the Volvo driver that took Bollo out by turning right across him was a man.
Not saying its always women, just seems to be a lot of women do it. The worst accident I was involved in (not my fault) was caused by a man.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
All of the cars that have pulled out straight into me on the roundabout outside work have been women. Usually once ever week or so. They all seem to be too busy talking to their passengers and not looking where they're going. Not one has checked whether they are clear to pull out before doing so.

Mainly young, too.

Then again, the stupidly close overtakes and near left-hooks have all been men...

Perhaps there's a pattern to this ? ;)

historyman

In my massive database of (two) cars that have pulled out in front of me & that I have hit as a consequence, one was a women, one was a man. They were of different ages and ethnicities too. Both apologised. The woman gave me her number & I sent her a repair bill, which she paid. The man I just asked for 50 quid cash for a buckled wheel & he tried to bargain so I swore at him and he paid up.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I just find that it is mostly cars that pull out in front of me, irrespective of the sex of the driver, fortunately I have had this problem so much with larger Vehicles. For some reason they think it is safe to dive out in front of someone travelling at 25 to 30 mph...

Top Bottom