New Wheel Truing Stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A good friend of mine recently made me a truing stand based on the plans in the Roger Musson book.

He made a smashing job of it and I've just finished making the gauges and giving everything a coat of paint.

Being made of wood, you get a really clear note when plucking the spokes to even tension.

I'm going to build some wheels for my CAADX on it first, with some Shimano RS505 disc hubs, Pacenti SL25 rims and DT Swiss Competition spokes. 32 spokes per wheel 3x.

Here's some pics...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

EatSleepRideRepeat

AKA Martin from Wales
I made one of those some while ago, and have built quite a few wheels using it. Found it really steady and easy to set up. Didn't make the effort with the paint, but still does the job.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Tenacious Sloth
Used the new stand to build a front wheel for the CAADX. The Pacenti SL25 was a nice rim to build with and needed minimal radial or lateral truing.

image.jpeg

Fitted a Michelin Pro 4 Endurance in 28C. The SL25 is a nice wide rim and suits a wider road tyre, giving a nice profile.

Measured at 28.75mm width with some calipers. For comparison the same tyre at the same pressure on an
H Plus Son Archetype rim measured 28.4mm, so not that much in it really.

Here's a picky of the profile. Tyre inflated to 85 psi.

image.jpeg

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I have a stand like that too that I don't use enough :blush: today, being a nice day I took it outside and built a wheel while I enjoyed the sun a little bit :smile:.

These days I build most wheels on the Park Tools TS2.2.... I'm used to using that and I like it better.

Top Bottom