New wheelset suggestions £300

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Hey all

I'm looking to upgrade my ksyrium equips

I'd have approx £300 to do this

So

A ) with that budget is there any point ?

And

B) what would you suggest ?

Thanks

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
A while back I upgraded the wheels on my secteur from the Mavic CXP22 with Gators to Dura ace C24 with Michelin Krylions. The bike felt better, but the main difference was on longer rides. The reduced effort seemed to really help me out.

But that was going from "Not bad" wheels to "Ferkin lovely" wheels.

It seems that you would be going from "very nice" wheels to another set of "very nice" wheels. They would be nice, but Im not sure noticably nicer. I think as long as they seemed like they would be servicable for the forseeable future I would keep them.
If you have £300 burning a hole in your pocket, how about trying a proper bike fitting session... or treating yourself to a mainenance course and a toolkit and a bunch of flowers?

Paul

(The flowers are to distract the missus while you sneak the toolkit passed her)

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
A while back I upgraded the wheels on my secteur from the Mavic CXP22 with Gators to Dura ace C24 with Michelin Krylions. The bike felt better, but the main difference was on longer rides. The reduced effort seemed to really help me out.

But that was going from "Not bad" wheels to "Ferkin lovely" wheels.

It seems that you would be going from "very nice" wheels to another set of "very nice" wheels. They would be nice, but Im not sure noticably nicer. I think as long as they seemed like they would be servicable for the forseeable future I would keep them.
If you have £300 burning a hole in your pocket, how about trying a proper bike fitting session... or treating yourself to a mainenance course and a toolkit and a bunch of flowers?

Paul

(The flowers are to distract the missus while you sneak the toolkit passed her)

That's what I thought tbh - I was asking tho as there was a conversation not too long ago about this n that :smile:

Top Bottom