New Wind 'App'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i always thought the wind was always against me until i rode indoor at the velodrome, at which point i realised that much of what i put down to headwind was actually the aerodynamic disturbance i created moving through the air. no wonder the pros are so potty about aerodynamic efficiency…

Broadside

Guru
Already an app for this, it's called windguru. But I tend to look at www.xcweather.co.uk on the PC before heading out anyway.

+1, xcweather has been doing this for years already and gives additional information about local conditions not just wind.

Broadside

Guru
Yes, seriously. I'd say that the quantity of keen cyclists that cycle out and train back are in the minority. I don't know anyone that does that at all. London - Paris is not really your run of the mill ride out, either.

Dodgy, I find myself agreeing with you twice in one thread!! In my thousands of rides I have only ever used public transport twice, once after reaching Paris and the other time after reaching Dunwich.

edindave

Über Member
Could it be combined/interface with a route planner to eg. overlay real time and/or forecasted wind speed & direction on a route map?

That would certainly give it an edge.

I think the major issue with this App is that it doesn't solve a problem that hasn't already been solved.

Users need an internet connection to use it so the solution exists via xcweather's mobile pages, metcheck and other weather sites.

Unless it can be enhanced to provide something over and above that then I'm not sure how it will compete.

Good luck and keep innovating
thumbsup.png

Top Bottom