New XTR - when is Di2 version due?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've been waiting to upgrade the Stumpjumper but the current M9050 Di2 stuff doesn't have the super wide range rear cassette option and the mech isn't capable of running with one so I've held off. The new M9100 mechanical kit looks like just the job, but I cant find details on Di2 timing anywhere :sad:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Its been reviewed and used.
Its very expensive,and seems to be available for top race teams ect?
Xt version is a decent price and better for the day something breaks.

Sram xx1 ? I like sram and you will get the big cog

Drago

Legendary Member
In days of yore XTR was specifically marketed for racing. In 2012 Shimano realigned it into the mainstream range, and it took over from XT as the top gruppo, not that anyone buys a full groupset. I can only again talk of days of yore, but the XTR on my Giant XtC950 was no less reliable or durable than the XT/SLX mix on my current Giant.

As for the electronic version I wouldn't mind seeing it and having a read. I'm not interested in owning it, but I still find the application these technologies interesting.

Levo-Lon

Guru
In days of yore XTR was specifically marketed for racing. In 2012 Shimano realigned it into the mainstream range, and it took over from XT as the top gruppo, not that anyone buys a full groupset. I can only again talk of days of yore, but the XTR on my Giant XtC950 was no less reliable or durable than the XT/SLX mix on my current Giant.

As for the electronic version I wouldn't mind seeing it and having a read. I'm not interested in owning it, but I still find the application these technologies interesting.

My view too.
A lot of investment for a gear change and minimal weight loss.

Xt slx and mid range SRAM for me

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I get your points, it is pricey for the limited benefits it brings, but I'm a design engineer by trade and truth be told I like playing with new toys :laugh:

The bike has X01 at the moment, it's faultless except I now have Di2 on 2 other bikes and I've got the bug :blush::laugh:

I still can't find out any info on the release date or features of the new Di2 :sad: I've since read the new XTR wide range cassette needs a new specific freehub which isn't a retrofit to most wheels so new wheels would be on the shopping list too... More research required :laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I get your points, it is pricey for the limited benefits it brings, but I'm a design engineer by trade and truth be told I like playing with new toys :laugh:

The bike has X01 at the moment, it's faultless except I now have Di2 on 2 other bikes and I've got the bug :blush::laugh:

I still can't find out any info on the release date or features of the new Di2 :sad: I've since read the new XTR wide range cassette needs a new specific freehub which isn't a retrofit to most wheels so new wheels would be on the shopping list too... More research required :laugh:

I know what you mean.
My wife's new Levo leccy bike is so bloody good it's really thrown a spanner in.
There's a big disturbance in The Force!!!
Trouble is the price!
The one I want would be as much as my van cost new.. no point getting a cheap one in my view.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I fall off too often to risk kit like that on my muddy bike. For me, road bike absolutely, MTB, stick with SLX and a smattering XT. Fair play to those who do go for it though.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I know what you mean.
My wife's new Levo leccy bike is so bloody good it's really thrown a spanner in.
There's a big disturbance in The Force!!!
Trouble is the price!
The one I want would be as much as my van cost new.. no point getting a cheap one in my view.
buy it, the force is too strong once its hit.................you know you want it

Top Bottom