New XTR - when is Di2 version due?

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking, Trials and BMX' started by JhnBssll, 26 Nov 2018.

Tags:
  1. JhnBssll

JhnBssll Über Member

I've been waiting to upgrade the Stumpjumper but the current M9050 Di2 stuff doesn't have the super wide range rear cassette option and the mech isn't capable of running with one so I've held off. The new M9100 mechanical kit looks like just the job, but I cant find details on Di2 timing anywhere :sad:

Drago likes this.
  2. meta lon

meta lon Guru

Its been reviewed and used.
    Its very expensive,and seems to be available for top race teams ect?
    Xt version is a decent price and better for the day something breaks.

Sram xx1 ? I like sram and you will get the big cog

JhnBssll and Drago like this.
  3. Drago

Drago Guru

In days of yore XTR was specifically marketed for racing. In 2012 Shimano realigned it into the mainstream range, and it took over from XT as the top gruppo, not that anyone buys a full groupset. I can only again talk of days of yore, but the XTR on my Giant XtC950 was no less reliable or durable than the XT/SLX mix on my current Giant.

As for the electronic version I wouldn't mind seeing it and having a read. I'm not interested in owning it, but I still find the application these technologies interesting.

JhnBssll and meta lon like this.
  4. meta lon

meta lon Guru

My view too.
    A lot of investment for a gear change and minimal weight loss.

Xt slx and mid range SRAM for me

5. OP
    OP
    JhnBssll

JhnBssll Über Member

I get your points, it is pricey for the limited benefits it brings, but I'm a design engineer by trade and truth be told I like playing with new toys :laugh:

The bike has X01 at the moment, it's faultless except I now have Di2 on 2 other bikes and I've got the bug :blush::laugh:

I still can't find out any info on the release date or features of the new Di2 :sad: I've since read the new XTR wide range cassette needs a new specific freehub which isn't a retrofit to most wheels so new wheels would be on the shopping list too... More research required :laugh:

meta lon and Drago like this.
  6. Drago

Drago Guru

Ah, Shimano have got the addicts by the cojones, selling them a new freehub as well.

JhnBssll likes this.
  7. meta lon

meta lon Guru

I know what you mean.
    My wife's new Levo leccy bike is so bloody good it's really thrown a spanner in.
    There's a big disturbance in The Force!!!
    Trouble is the price!
    The one I want would be as much as my van cost new.. no point getting a cheap one in my view.

8. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

I fall off too often to risk kit like that on my muddy bike. For me, road bike absolutely, MTB, stick with SLX and a smattering XT. Fair play to those who do go for it though.

JhnBssll likes this.
  9. jowwy

jowwy The bearded Powerhouse

buy it, the force is too strong once its hit.................you know you want it

meta lon likes this.
  10. Elybazza61

Elybazza61 Veteran

If I remember tomorrow (:rolleyes:) I'll have a look on Madisons' BTB site to see if it's available or has an arrival date.

JhnBssll likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice