New Year Night Ride to the Coast - 2nd January 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's back again! The irregular, Christmas/New Year night ride, setting off from Hyde Park Corner at midnight Friday 2nd January. Seeing as it's been a few years since I've run one of these to Bognor, that's where we'll be going.

For your delectation, here's the write-up from 2011. Basically, it will be similar to that. Except hopefully without any flying walnuts.

73 miles or so, at a nice gentle pace (seriously). So if you want to burn off your excess Christmas lard, or simply escape your in-laws, please come along.

If there's large scale ice, snow, wind or rain (or earth, wind and fire), then we won't be going.

mistral

Guru
Yes good idea, will join if I can make it

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Probable.

Edit. The OP has given me an Earth, Wind and Fire ear worm: "Bognor Wonderland"

Last edited:

sagefly

Veteran
Would really like to but will be showing Scottish folk how to drink sensibly over several days!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Possibly maybe...no swan costumes though.

This could be my first NR but I'm on leave that day so it could work.

@Flying Dodo has been running rides like this for many years and does not have a reputation for flaking out on people.
Which is what cancelling 2 weeks beforehand often is in my experience.
These rides go in the diary and nothing - I mean nothing - interferes with that.
He doesn't double book himself or cancel a commitment due to a 'better offer' that comes along later.
From what I have observed, it would take a near death illness and/or totally unsafe conditions to make him cancel.

He is never ill.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
@Flying Dodo has been running rides like this for many years and does not have a reputation for flaking out on people.
Which is what cancelling 2 weeks beforehand often is in my experience.
These rides go in the diary and nothing - I mean nothing - interferes with that.
He doesn't double book himself or cancel a commitment due to a 'better offer' that comes along later.
From what I have observed, it would take a near death illness and/or totally unsafe conditions to make him cancel.

He is never ill.

Wot she said.

Top Bottom