New Year, utter lethargy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowwww

Veteran
Dry January…………………..tick

Improved diet……………….tick

New exercise regime…….tick

More sleep………………..….tick

So why is it that I feel so flaming lethargic?

Is it just my advancing age (54), or is it that when I look at Trump vs. the World, woeful state of UK politics in the lead up to Brexit, miserable weather, doom-mongering journalists etc. etc. I realise that despite my adherence to my NY resolutions I’m swimming against an insurmountable tide of negativity?

I think I’m going to revert to alcoholic slovenliness fuelled by junk-food and see whether that makes the world a brighter place. Will report back, possibly incoherently

Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Balls to the so called ruling elite, go out, or stay in and have some fun!

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
And buy a new Vauxhall SUV. Just seen an ad on tv which infers you’ll recover from depression if you own one. The male protagonist looks to be around 50.
I feel your pain. It’s a difficult world to be happy in when you have everything you need. Give away a load of your stuff - sell all those spare bikes and give your unused gear to charity. Go find people worse off than you. You’ll soon cheer up if, say, you meet a fellow your age locked in a chair with eg MND.

alicat

Legendary Member
Or perhaps your user name is sending subliminal messages....

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Dry January…………………..tick

Improved diet……………….tick

New exercise regime…….tick

More sleep………………..….tick

So why is it that I feel so flaming lethargic?

Is it just my advancing age (54), or is it that when I look at Trump vs. the World, woeful state of UK politics in the lead up to Brexit, miserable weather, doom-mongering journalists etc. etc. I realise that despite my adherence to my NY resolutions I’m swimming against an insurmountable tide of negativity?

I think I’m going to revert to alcoholic slovenliness fuelled by junk-food and see whether that makes the world a brighter place. Will report back, possibly incoherently
I feel your pain... but I have alcohol....

Top Bottom