England : Hertfordshire New Years ride Sunday 6th January

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Evenings!!
Since I enjoyed the ride with Marshmallow Fluff and everyone last weekend so much, I've decided to organise one myself. The route will be taking in country lanes, and we'll be going at an easy conversational pace.
Meet at Stevenage rail station at 0930 on Sunday 6th Jan.
There's car parking, and the train from the North gets in at 0935. Aiming to be finished about 1-ish.
Route will be between 20 and 30 miles, depending on weather, mechanicals and visitations.
Cake stop will be after the half-way point.
Route will be suitable for road bikes. Hills are unavoidable, I'm afraid, but I'll do my best.
No-one gets dropped.

Looking forward to it!! Definitely count me in! :smile:
I fully trust you both for the choice of route and the cake stop..:whistle:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I'm a maybe. Depends if I get out on the bike enough in the next few weeks as not been out for months- if I can get up to speed and have some cash to get the train I will try my best.

Currently full of lurg so fingers crossed.

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
It'll be a different route to last time, Becs.
If only I could remember what last time's route was...
Did we go to the tea shop with the farm animals and the second-hand bike shop?
Or the one with the long trestle tables outside?

It'll be a different route to last time, Becs.
If only I could remember what last time's route was...
Did we go to the tea shop with the farm animals and the second-hand bike shop?
Or the one with the long trestle tables outside?

It was the long tressle tables I think. I always love pootles into hertfordshire, although it's been a while since I've been on the bike!

I'm a maybe. Depends if I get out on the bike enough in the next few weeks as not been out for months- if I can get up to speed and have some cash to get the train I will try my best.

Currently full of lurg so fingers crossed.

Grace - Miranda and I are going for a very civilised pootle tomorrow at 11am if you want to come? I destroyed myself in the gym today so it will definitely be slow and lurg friendly!!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Grace - Miranda and I are going for a very civilised pootle tomorrow at 11am if you want to come? I destroyed myself in the gym today so it will definitely be slow and lurg friendly!!

@Becs What is the plan?

I have to be in for some repairs at the flat but haven't been cycling for a good few weeks and full of lurg! xx(

@Becs What is the plan?

I have to be in for some repairs at the flat but haven't been cycling for a good few weeks and full of lurg! xx(
I stuck it on the SLR thread but basically I'm meeting Mice at 11am at HPC then we're going to have an easy pootle round the sites, some tea, perhaps a lap or 2 of regents park and maybe some more tea. I've sat on my bike once in the last 3 months and I have to ride in from Enfield (about 15miles) so we'll be taking it easy! We won't go if it's chucking it down though

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
OK, I'm not sure what time I need to be in for the repairs as I'll know tomorrow but if I wake up and I'm still feeling cold and shivery, I won't be out to play. If I'm heading out on the ride, I will text Mice otherwise have a good ride!

Top Bottom