England : Hertfordshire New Years ride Sunday 6th January

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Said BB has arrived.. I just need to now do a full 'drive' re-build, test ride, fettle, eat some cake, ponder, rub my head, fettle, ride, route map and actually wake up in time and not get lost and for the weather to be just fine, then, I should see you all for brekkie..

Will update on Saturday evening..

The "not get lost" part applies to me too.. I'm good like that! lol
:whistle:

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Evenings!!
Well, the weather wombles seem to think we won't freeze or get drenched. So, here's the plan.
Meet at 0930 on the cycle track by Stevenage railway station. It's literally beside the south-bound tracks, and near the station car parks.
We'll be going out through Stevenage to Todds Green, St Ippolyts, Gosmore and then a climb up to Preston. Not too bad a climb - I have done it on a Brompton.
From there to Whitwell or St Pauls Walden, depending.
Then Crouch Green, Nup End, Rableyheath, cross the A1(M) and descend to Woolmer Green, then up to Datchworth for a tea stop at the Old Post Office, which does a good fry-up and home made cakes.
From there it's about 4-5 miles back to the station. About 25 miles all in all.
So, who's joining us?

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Initially saying yes, but I've had a chest infection for a while and found it a bit hard going at times last weekend on the bike. The Doctor put me on antibiotics this week and they are starting to kick in now so I'm going to go out for a bit on the bike tomorrow and see how I get on.
All being well then I'll be there Sunday (I might be a bit slower on the hills though) and it looks like I'll be bringing a couple of mates along with me. I'll post a definite yes or no tomorrow evening.

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Initially saying yes, but I've had a chest infection for a while and found it a bit hard going at times last weekend on the bike. The Doctor put me on antibiotics this week and they are starting to kick in now so I'm going to go out for a bit on the bike tomorrow and see how I get on.
All being well then I'll be there Sunday (I might be a bit slower on the hills though) and it looks like I'll be bringing a couple of mates along with me. I'll post a definite yes or no tomorrow evening.

I can rejig the route to avoid the big hill into Preston, but it means going along the B656 for about 3/4 of a mile. It's not all that busy on a Sunday morning.

jayonabike