New York City - Safety/Collision Vid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Origamist said:
A bit more graphic/shocking (and possiblly counter-productive) than over here:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7COwwbhB4Yg
I'm with you on that one...not good

TBH, I think it is excellent. So many drivers out there who look but don't see ;)

Perhaps faced with the consequences of their actions migh make them just be a little less impatient/impulsive

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I think it's an excellent way of putting the point across. Can't see how it could be negative unless you're referring to the idea that people might think cycling is (more) dangerous so they won't take it up.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I think it's an excellent way of putting the point across. Can't see how it could be negative unless you're referring to the idea that people might think cycling is (more) dangerous so they won't take it up.
that was it, really.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Bikes are vulnerable. Cars are dangerous. Its a boiling frog scenario. Go back to when your grandfather was a little boy and explain that people would be whizzing around on cycles, all sounds ok. Suggest that in 60 years time, people will routinely drive 2 tonne steel cages through the heart of our towns at 30mph, and he'll call you crazy.

arallsopp said:
Bikes are vulnerable. Cars are dangerous. Its a boiling frog scenario. Go back to when your grandfather was a little boy and explain that people would be whizzing around on cycles, all sounds ok. Suggest that in 60 years time, people will routinely drive 2 tonne steel cages through the heart of our towns at 30mph, and he'll call you crazy.

Eh :biggrin:

There were plenty of 2+ tonne vehicles being driven around towns at the speed limits back in 1949.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Ok. My Grandfather, not yours :biggrin:

Actually, this is an entirely safe bet, as my grandfather thought everyone was crazy. Then again, he died at 102, didn't have my dad until he was 40, and dad's long retired. :biggrin:

Top Bottom