Newbie: Cycle Rack Advise?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Hi All,
Can anyone please recommend a cycle rack that will carry 4 bikes. The rack will be for short journeys only and the bikes don't need to be left unattended on the rack. I don't want to carry the bikes on the roof and I don't have a tow bar so by elimination I guess that leaves just the rear strap-on type. My car is an estate and my wife's is a hatch back (both Vectras), however the estate car has a rear spoiler at the top of the rear door (will that be a problem for the straps?).
Many thanks in advance,
Shaun.

bonj2

atera strada. towbar mounted ones are generally the best.

OP
OP
JtB

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
After looking at the Atera Strada, I think I'm warming more towards a tow bar rack. They seem much more robust and 'paintwork friendly'. Is there a preferred toe bar type for cycle racks? Also, is there a national toe bar fitting company someone can recommend?
Thanks again,
Shaun.

bonj2

A toe bar, is that some sort of new fashion in foot-piercings? :angry:

seriously - er... i'm not sure whether there's a national toW bar fitting company but look through www.yell.com for your local area.
First port of call though might be to go into a dealership of the manufacturer of your car and ask them whether they can fit one.

Top Bottom