Newbie from Blackburn.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Rover

Guru
Hi.

Joined the forum a while ago and found it very useful. Last year got a MTB which is a GT avalanche 3.0 hydro disc and then a Raleigh Airlite 300 road bike with full tiagra. Apreciate both could be seen as budget bikes but they have got me hooked.

Live in Blackburn so very close to good routes for both bikes and I try to get out a few times a week.

Going to enter some sportives this year with a mate although working shifts doesnt help.

Got man flu at the moment so thats it for now! ( someone call me an ambulance!)

Cheers Stuart.

FetterSteve

Welcome..from another Newbie.

In the short time I have been back in the saddle I have learnt that it's not about the bike it's about getting out there and riding it.

Good luck with the Sportives,

Welcome, Rover.

You'll find fairly regular informal rides crossing your neck of the woods. ColinJ is brilliant for getting folk out together. There's one coming up this week-end. The link for all of the informal rides is here.

andynlorrs

hi im andy also in bburn , how u doin mate ? im entering some sportives this year too .
Hi.

Joined the forum a while ago and found it very useful. Last year got a MTB which is a GT avalanche 3.0 hydro disc and then a Raleigh Airlite 300 road bike with full tiagra. Apreciate both could be seen as budget bikes but they have got me hooked.

Live in Blackburn so very close to good routes for both bikes and I try to get out a few times a week.

Going to enter some sportives this year with a mate although working shifts doesnt help.

Cheers Stuart.

OP
OP
The Rover

The Rover

Guru
Cheers Andy. I am a 5 min ride away from Tockholes where I spent 3 hrs this aft albeit on my mtb.

Re the sportives. Going to do one at Huddersfiled run by Evans in April, Kegs and legs in Oldham in May and in Clitheroe but cant remember the date!

Working 24/7 shifts means weekends off are rare so limited in what I an do.

Cheers Stuart.

Hi.

Cheers Stuart.

OP
OP
The Rover

The Rover

Guru
Hi Stuart

I'm a newbie also & Live in Clayton-le-Moors

I get out most days in The Ribble Valley on my road bike.

Let me know if u'r coming out.

Gordon

Cheers Gordon, will do. As much as I dislike working weeknds it is nice to get out during the week.

Off on a two week hol next week so will be hitting it when I get back to prepare for my first sportive.

Top Bottom