Newbie from Bridgend South Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there all.
Just a quick Hi to introduce myself to the forum group.
I am a 36 new to cycling.
I haven't ridden since being a kid.

My 2 main aims are to lose weight (16 stone 6'1) want to lose 2 1/2 stone
and to regain some fitness. I have chosen cycling as I am unable to run due to lower limb issues (mainly recurring shin splints)

I went the whole hog and purchased a cyclocross bike, so that I can ride on any terrain I wish!
however, I noticed today on my first ride that (2miles) that this may take some time.

here is looking forward to that journey...

KEV

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Welcome to the forum Kev i am in Barry. Similar story to yours, restarted cycling about 2 years ago lost 4 stone of lard and wish i had done it years ago.

redjedi

Über Member
Hi there all.
Just a quick Hi to introduce myself to the forum group.
I am a 36 new to cycling.
I haven't ridden since being a kid.

My 2 main aims are to lose weight (16 stone 6'1) want to lose 2 1/2 stone
and to regain some fitness. I have chosen cycling as I am unable to run due to lower limb issues (mainly recurring shin splints)

I went the whole hog and purchased a cyclocross bike, so that I can ride on any terrain I wish!
however, I noticed today on my first ride that (2miles) that this may take some time.

here is looking forward to that journey...

KEV

Welcome Kev

Stick with it and you'll get there.
4 years ago I was close to 16st (maybe over) and could barely cycle 1 mile without stopping. Now I'm below 14st for the first time since I was a child and can cycle 100+ miles without too much difficulty.

You can do it!

Good luck

Hello Kev. I'm 102kg and can cycle 150 miles or more, at conversational pace etc... Keep riding and 'all will drop into place'. Not necessarily about losing weight, but gaining confidence in your own ability.
When you cycle, the mouth (where most people put their grub in) becomes like the lid of a furnace. Everything burns when it is inside!
Just enjoy - the weight will drop with a controlled attitude, but I ride and do what I like re: eat and drink! :smile: My weight has stayed the same for a long time :blush:

And Luke, you don't look old enough to have been 16st.!

Top Bottom