Newbie from Middlesex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sandipg

Hello Everyone.

I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Sandip and I've just joined. I've been away from cycling for about 20 years and recently bought a bike to get going again. Just doing short locals rides for now, loving it and hoping to increase these to longer ones. The bike I have is a Mongoose Crossway 350. I know of them but not sure how this bike is apart from that I found it comfortable and felt at ease after coming after a long time.

I'll be looking around a great deal as need all the help I can get! ;)

Regards,
Sandip

Hello Sandip, and welcome to the forum. Look hard enough and you'll find people talking sense - otherwise there's only me and a few others... :smile:
Middlesex is a BIG place - care to narrow it down a little?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome sandipq. I work over towards your way, Ruislip, this is a friendly place, feel free to join in the forums. No question too silly. Some of the answers might be though.:smile:

orienteer

Welcome! I'm in Uxbridge. Suggest you get the free TfL maps (nos 3 and 6 are the local ones) which show all the cycle paths and routes, usually available in the central library in Uxbridge on the leaflet racks near the DVDs.

Join the CTC Loiterers on their rides from Uxbridge Station, 10.00 every Wednesday and Sunday, choice of short and longer rides.

colly

Re member eR
Ickenham? That's only a T and a W away from where I used to live some 30 odd years ago.

Officially Middlesex disappeared didn't it? Twickenham Surrey is just plain wrong.

OP
OP
S

sandipg

Thanks Orienteer. Just ordered the maps from TFL's site.

I've got details for the Uxbridge Loiterers from CTC's web site. WIll join up soon. Are you a member?

OP
OP
S

sandipg

Hi Colly,

Twickenham Middlesex sounds much better although Surrey is a nice county. I used to live in South Croydon for years and only moved to the Uxbridge area a few years ago due to work. So far so good. :smile:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Hello from Somerset :welcome:

orienteer

Thanks Orienteer. Just ordered the maps from TFL's site.

I've got details for the Uxbridge Loiterers from CTC's web site. WIll join up soon. Are you a member?

Occasionally join a Loiterers' ride, or West Middlesex section from Ickenham Pump at 9.00 on Sundays, but this is a longer, faster ride.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Hi Sandip, welcome to CC.
Middlesex is a lovely place, had some great cycling there - I used to live in Northwood, my eldest son was born there & we are often back visitng his dads family

Top Bottom