Newbie from Northampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steven2907

Regular
Hi all. Decided to try and lose some weight, I drive a hgv so I walk to my car drive to the depot in Milton Keynes walk from the car park to the office get my paperwork And keys walk to my truck, do my days work return to base jump in my car and drive home..... No exercise Anyway bought a
Kuota karma of a nice bloke in Crosby Liverpool, had it two weeks now bought some carbon shoes and cleats. Only fell over once. Never used them before plus always had mountain bikes, bought a garmin edge, lights, locks, padded shorts...defo needed.... Started of with a few 4 to 5 mile rides then went mad and did a 16 miler. Nearly killed me. But going to continue.

Have any of you garmin users any advice regarding which sites to use to view your ride data as struggling with the garmin site

Thanks

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and a warm :welcome: to you Steven.
Just keep it easy at first and slowly build up and you will be fine. Don't try to do too much at once, it's counter productive.
Enjoy.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome Steven!
Glad to hear you only fell the once ... for now :laugh:
Upload your Garmin data to Strava, very easy to use. I know Sounds all racing/ beating personal best times, but it's useful to keep a record of your rides, in my case where I've been and how slow I was.

Andy Jeffery

:bicycle:Hi Steven, I use the Garmin connect site and Strava.
I'm trying to lose weight as well and it does work. 8 weeks now and 5kg gone.

Good luck Fella

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Hiya Steven... Welcome to CC from another HGV driver :hello:

As a few have said, Strava is easy to upload Garmin data to. Or just track rides via the Strava app on your phone.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
:bicycle:Welcome from Dorset and enjoy your riding.

Darrell

Good luck with weight loss, your distance seems long for a beginner, don't want injury or burnout. Good luck

Top Bottom