Newbie from Sunderland!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philhul

Hi,

I've just recently started taking my cycling seriously following many years as a runner. Suffered an overuse knee injury in January and it's taking a long time to heal so decided to try something else. Was getting a bit bored of running anyway...

Bought a Trek 1.5 about 4 weeks ago and have been using it for a 23 mile round trip commute for work 2 or 3 days a week, and longer rides on the weekend. Did my longest ride yesterday at 46.9 miles, was quite pleased as it was really windy, and the gusty side winds nearly saw me underneath more than one car!!

Next Sunday I'm doing the Great North Bike ride and i'm going to carry on riding through Autumn and Winter to be ready for some of the longer sportives next year.

At some point I'm also going to go along to my local bike club but I want to build up a bit more speed and stamina before then.

Anyway, that's about it really, just wanted to say hi!

Phil

bauldbairn

:welcome: Hello Phil and welcome to the CC forums and to cycling. :hello:

OP
OP
P

philhul

It's the Sunderland Clarion I was planning on coming along to. I've been looking at the site and the forum, just wouldn't mind getting a few more rides under my belt first!!

Phil
When I first started at the club I was doing no more than 50 miles, mainly because I get bored on my own!

First ride with the club was 60 and I was never out of my comfort zone. Not a bad bunch, many different abilities.
Last ride I did with them was 117mile! But they are generally 50-80 miles.

Top Bottom