Newbie from Teesside

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frankieabbott

Regular
Hello all. I'm, errrrm over 50 and thinking of progressing from a fitness bike to a roadbike. The ratonale being that I may as well take in some local landmarks and fresh air whilst cycling rather than looking at four walls. This messageboard looks like a great place for information and advice.

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member
:welcome: to CC Frankieabbott I'm to a fellow teessider, soon to be spotted in the local area wearing my CC T-Shirt ;) This is a great place for help and advise

thanks terry,see you live in stockton,do you ride over boro way at all.

no mainly round stockton and the small villages round the area (stillington, redmarshall, bishopton, sadberge etc)

OP
OP
Frankieabbott

Frankieabbott

Regular
hello frankie i am new here to,were in teeside do you ride.
I'm not riding at the moment Shaun. I am currently in transition between getting off my exercise bike and buying a road bike. I want a bike so much...but I will probably take ages to choose....I like to work out the pros and cons to everything before I choose.

As for where I will ride...wherever my legs can take me..but I will make sure that I will pay homage to Tommy Simpson and ride through the collieries to the north of me (Hartlepool).

BigTam

Über Member
Frankie, I bought a Felt road bike, great bike, but the position on the drops done nothing for my back either, now got the Boardman Hybrid Pro, called a Hybrid, but it is really just a road bike with flat bars and disc brakes, not having any back issues with this bike. :bicycle:

OP
OP
Frankieabbott

Frankieabbott

Regular
Frankie, I bought a Felt road bike, great bike, but the position on the drops done nothing for my back either, now got the Boardman Hybrid Pro, called a Hybrid, but it is really just a road bike with flat bars and disc brakes, not having any back issues with this bike. :bicycle:

Thanks for that BT.....I can see an inherent problem with the choosing and purchasing of bikes and that is that I won't know how the old back will fare until AFTER I have bought it. And that won't be known until after I have had a chance to ride some miles on it. Someone at work said some retailers/suppliers let you test ride a bike for an hour or so to see if it is ok. However, I think this is a bit of a wind up!

BigTam

Über Member
Thanks for that BT.....I can see an inherent problem with the choosing and purchasing of bikes and that is that I won't know how the old back will fare until AFTER I have bought it. And that won't be known until after I have had a chance to ride some miles on it. Someone at work said some retailers/suppliers let you test ride a bike for an hour or so to see if it is ok. However, I think this is a bit of a wind up!

No wind up, some will let you test ride bikes, ask, shy bairns get nowt.

Top Bottom