Newbie from Worcestershire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have no work tomorrow so planning a run out, hope to tackle Saintbury hill (up)for the first time then fish to broadway and down to my parents in Evesham before back home, that's what I am planning but who knows.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Sounds like a good route, rather you than me with those hills though!

Wow, that Saintbury hill is one b@###@rd of a hill. Yes I wimped out at the crossroads,about half way up and turned right down to Willersey and what a drop that was, fastest I have been on a bike for about twenty years. Tears and a fly in my eye (must get some eye protection!) couldn't see the speedo and some harsh vibes with me hanging on the anchors, what a rush and no traffic made it fun. Went home,via Badsey, Blackminster and the littletons.
Total of 15 miles but with the hill it's the best workout I have had.

Funny thing is I didn't notice a single hill or rise on the way back home after the S Hill.
Now what to do this afternoon, tea first methinks.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Wow, that Saintbury hill is one b@###@rd of a hill. Yes I wimped out at the crossroads,about half way up and turned right down to Willersey and what a drop that was, fastest I have been on a bike for about twenty years. Tears and a fly in my eye (must get some eye protection!) couldn't see the speedo and some harsh vibes with me hanging on the anchors, what a rush and no traffic made it fun. Went home,via Badsey, Blackminster and the littletons.
Total of 15 miles but with the hill it's the best workout I have had.

Funny thing is I didn't notice a single hill or rise on the way back home after the S Hill.
Now what to do this afternoon, tea first methinks.

Nice going Brian! Sounds like you had a good ride and 15 miles over that terrain is great going. I'll have to head out there some day myself, might try myself on Fish Hill sometime soon as that's closer and has that cycle/pedestrian path going up it (not sure if Saintbury hill does?)

My first road bike is taking some getting used to, I have a very sore bum, neck and palms of my hands! I'm trying to build up on it slowly, just did 5 miles on it again today but also did my normal 10 mile run on the mountain bike so I am still increasing my fitness.

Top Bottom