Newbie here!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

picklemomma

Hi there!
My name's Cath and I am a born again cyclist!
I hit the big 4-0 this year and in an effort to stay as young and fit as possible, asked my hubby for a bicycle for my birthday present, with the idea of riding to the shops occasionally.
This has snowballed somewhat and we've ended up selling our second car and I cycle 10 miles a day commuting to and from work, or if the weather's nasty or I'm feeling rotten then I just cycle the 2 miles to the station and take my bike on the train, normally ending up riding the 5 miles home as it's quicker than waiting for the train!
I have an 8 year old daughter (aka 'Pickle') and we enjoy going out for mum and daughter / family cycle rides so it's ended up being a change of lifestyle for the whole family.
I'm trying to lose a bit of weight, and hoping cycling will help with this too, as long as I can stave off the post ride munchies...
Anyway, that's me - look forward to chatting with you soon!
Cath :hello:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Welcome to the mad house Cath :thumbsup:

OP
OP
picklemomma

picklemomma

:hello: and :welcome: to CC Cath this forum should come with a warning its very addictive. Where abouts you from? what's your ride?

Hi there, thanks for the welcome and the warning!

I'm from Reading, and I've got a cheap and cheerful Halfords Apollo Cosmo (will upload a pic in a bit) which I love lots :biggrin:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome to the Forum Picklemomma :hello: It sounds like the cycling bug has well and truley bitten you, the only way is down from now, well, for your purse anyway :tongue: Loads of chat and advice to be had here, look forward to your input.

Top Bottom