Newbie in Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

roxmo

Thanx again everyone for the tips and links! I have bookmarked them all for further investigation, renting a bike for a couple of rides seems like a good idea, that way I can get a better feel for things!

Another welcome from the Manc gang :hello: Good crowd on here,no snobs....you will enjoy ! Formal rides are a must,hope to do a few more this year myself after such a good first one last year to Buxton.
Are you "local" originally ?

Very glad to hear this! Will have to join in. Originally from Ireland but have lived in UK for a while now. Have gotten to know Manchester pretty well over the last six years although I have only lived here for two.

Cheers,
roxmo

wave.gif

Michiel

I would like to try mountain biking a couple of times before I buy a bike so I know what I want in a bike.

Cheers,
roxmo

Welcome Roxmo,

There's pretty decent bike grounds all around Manchester. From the East you have access to the TransPennine route and various bike paths by the canals (Rochdale Canal, Ashton Canal, http://www.penninewaterways.co.uk/ is a good way to have a sneak peak of routes).

As for bike shops, I brought my Trek FX 7.2 from the Bicycle Doctor in Rusholme. on the recommendation of a friend, Can't say I have been dissapointed. Very good service and very friendly people. :smile:

Have fun!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Thanx again everyone for the tips and links! I have bookmarked them all for further investigation, renting a bike for a couple of rides seems like a good idea, that way I can get a better feel for things!

Very glad to hear this! Will have to join in. Originally from Ireland but have lived in UK for a while now. Have gotten to know Manchester pretty well over the last six years although I have only lived here for two.

Cheers,
roxmo

My Brother is married to an Irish girl from Roscommon,cracking place ! Still laugh about my brother asking why i was locking my car door when we went over,must be a Manchester thing LOL

Top Bottom