newbie needs help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bam Bam

I'm a 5'-11", 320#, 51 yr old male who has not worked out in 20 yrs. I'm still strong but my stamina is low. I'm looking to build up my stamina and lose 100#. Because I have a bad back and drive truck cycling is the way I wanted to go. I need advice on how hard to push myself in the beginning and some kind of program.

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi Bam Bam and welcome I also used to be a 22st 10lbs (318 lbs) 58yr old so my best advice would be make sure you follow a healthy and sensible diet (just for the record my good lady took me along to one of her Slimming World meetings and on this I lost 8st 10lbs in around 7/8 months) once I got down to 14 st then got a bike and started nice and slow doing 2/3 mile rides and building these up slowly not bothering about how fast or how quick I could do this,have since got rid of the car and do everything by bike so win win all the way.All I would add is take it easy don't try doing to much to soon and don't be to hard on yourself and it will happen for you.
Best regards Ern1e.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Hi Bam Bam and welcome I also used to be a 22st 10lbs (318 lbs) 58yr old so my best advice would be make sure you follow a healthy and sensible diet (just for the record my good lady took me along to one of her Slimming World meetings and on this I lost 8st 10lbs in around 7/8 months) once I got down to 14 st then got a bike and started nice and slow doing 2/3 mile rides and building these up slowly not bothering about how fast or how quick I could do this,have since got rid of the car and do everything by bike so win win all the way.All I would add is take it easy don't try doing to much to soon and don't be to hard on yourself and it will happen for you.
Best regards Ern1e.

Well done. Fantastic achievement :smile:

Top Bottom