Newbie recumbent question - where to keep you keys...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

squeaker

Über Member
Arch said:
But I also sometimes use a bumbag, which I wear at the front
Works for me, too (no bra :biggrin: )but need to make sure that the strap buckle is offset to one side....
Endura 3/4 Humvees have lots of (zipped / velcroed) pockets and leg closers: normally carry money and phone in them.

OP
OP
currystomper
Found or three further ideas on EBAY- you get get running tops with MP3 pockets, also for runners you can get armbands for a MP3 player. Finaly horse riders have some nice waist coats with pockets - unfortunately in the last case they seem to be mainly for the fairer sex.

May try one of the armband thingy's as they are only few quid.....

Seamus

Ortleib Pocket

on the front mudgaurd. Holds my wallet, camera etc.
waterproof.

Held on by some grrr!! forget when they are called.

If I'm only going a short distance around town then they go in a bum-bag which then goes over one sholder.
If I'm going any distance then the bum-bag goes in a side pod with the locks.

Arch

Married to Night Train
GazK said:
wear a top hat and keep everything under that?

But what happens when you have to raise it to a lady?

I could wear a bonnet, I suppose, and not need to raise that. But I'd have to simper, and I'm no good at that.

Seamus - velcro? Zipties?

Arch said:
But what happens when you have to raise it to a lady?

I could wear a bonnet, I suppose, and not need to raise that. But I'd have to simper, and I'm no good at that.

Seamus - velcro? Zipties?

You are assuming we are Gentlemen!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Catrike UK said:
Ah but would a lady, perchance her petticoats blow in the wind caused by riding at such a supine angle and reveal her modesty, what would the vicar say???

Ah, but a well equipped lady will have special clingy lycra petticoats that stay put....:biggrin: Or, if very daring, radical dress.

God, I haven't worn a petticoat for about 25 years!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I dunno, but I might be tempted by a knickerbocker glory at the end of a ride!

BTW, I read a quote once from a Victorian doctor who thought that cycling by women should be banned, as it would damage the 'organs of matrimonial necessity'.

Not on a recumbent of course.

Top Bottom