Newbie recumbent question - where to keep you keys...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
I suppose wearing a normal cycling top back-to-front would look a bit...well, daft?

As well as being a bit constricting round front of the neck, with the zip digging into your back...

ACW

rlt

I faced the same problem: where to carry the small stuff without risking it dropping out of pockets; no handlebar bag, no standard-sized tubes which fit the various accessory pouches you find in high-street stores.

Some searching has revealed that there are excellent frame pouches available: I've listed some details here.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Thanks for these RLT.

I also use an Aeropod, and find it an extremely useful addition to the Furai. I keep meaning to treat the SMGTe to the seat pack HPV now make for the bodylink unit, but somehow still find myself taking an Ortlieb frontroller most places instead.

Mind you, mounted directly under the seat, it gives me a good 25 litres of raid space whilst riding.

I kitted out the SMGTe with full racks, as at the time of purchase I could find no real solutions for carrying spares/tools.

iLB

Hello there
20090830_Mildenhall_05.jpg

this chap has been known to use his chest cavity, or failing that his pelvis :laugh:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Lol! Its true, one advantage of bentriding is the lack of compression on the riders lungs, but I suspect using the cavity for storage probably negates this.

Of course, its all academic anyway. The question isn't where does this rider carry *his* kit, more where he puts the kit of all the DF riders who choose to accompany him for 200+ milers, with nothing more than a mini seat pack. :laugh:

Top Bottom