Newbie road bike advice - which one to go for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Out of you’re shortlist the Decathlon Van Rysel looks good value, Shimano 105 is excellent. SRAM on my mountain bike is fantastic, great shifters and super smooth gear changes, however some cycling friends have SRAM Gearing on their road bikes and it sounds clunky and agricultural to me, I would choose Shimano over SRAM for sure.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Guess this is just an impact of Covid! Typical!

More a product of you being too impatient and looking no further than how much tax you can avoid paying on the value of the voucher. You've already said you've got a perfectly good Giant hybrid bike, so there's nothing preventing you riding that. Stock availability of all sorts of stuff is currently poor, with extended delivery times, so the rational decision would be to ride the hybrid and wait until the situation normalises before you buy another bike. The lure of saving some tax has blinded you to the fact that you are asking for a load of hassle, especially as you want to bundle accessories into the purchase and are therefore multiplying the chances of something you want to order being out of stock.

Top Bottom