newbie road bike for £600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Love the looks of the 2011 Peloton :becool:

Thats was number one on my buy a new bike list this year
  1. Cube Peloton 2011
  2. Specialized Allez 27
  3. Cannondale Synapse Tiagra
I struggled to find one in my size in October though and the Cannondale was a bit out of my price range (come down now!) so went for the Spesh

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
have to agree,looks stunning

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
I think i may be in luck, a lbs may have one,or one very similar, a 2012 model that fromwhat i can see is not a busting amount of difference. ^_^

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
i know but i get to ride it, then order the 2011 from above ^_^

They also have a 2012 with tiagra so i can checkout that as well, and if they can price match well thats probably hopeful, but you never know.

vickster

Legendary Member
Check the geometry is the same - I am sure they'll love you for using their bikes to test and then buy elsewhere ;) Unless it's Evans then go for it ...

Cyclist33

Adding my two cents worth pn the Felt side, you could get last year's Z100 in blue from Tredz for £540 right now, here's mine, in white with a wheel upgrade, the whole thing cost me £620, nice comfy ride and plenty quick enough...
felt.jpg

david k

Hi
i wanted a triple but this came up and i really liked it. im not a fast rider but i find the range of gears perfectly fine. i have a triple on my hybrid and i prefer this

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Be aware that that vanquish is the old model and might be difficult to source, this years model is cheaper but a lower spec.I have always ridden doubles and i have just started riding a MTB as a hack with a triple and TBH i never need to use the granny.

Nothing wrong with halfords bikes ( i have a boardman road comp ) but i think if you can get the right size bike you will get a better deal on a 2011 model from other retailers.Another thing you have to be careful is they have a funny way of sizing bikes as they tend to measure the height to whee the top tube meets the seat tube and as that a sloping frame it can put your sizing out so it is best to try .I had a "medium " vanquish that turned out to be a 56 even though it was lsited as a 51 cm

Top Bottom