Newbie saying hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdamBlade

Evening,
Thought I would pop in and say hello on my first post. I have been cycling to work since March and just approaching my first 1000 miles (6 mile commute each way). My commute is on a cheap mountain bike as I didn't know how long I would stick it out for. Think I may have now got the bug and looking for my first road bike ;)

I'm sure I'll be posting again soon

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Welcome mate. Where are you? How was the commute yesterday.
In London it was one of my wettest commutes ever. Still got prunned skin fingers 24 hours later

OP
OP
AdamBlade

AdamBlade

Cheers. I'm based in Sheffield, weather hasn't been bad. Seem to fall lucky and it starts just after I get to work or back home!!

I've had a couple of wet commutes, had to empty shoes out at work!!

[Wags tail, rolls over, farts]

Keith Oates

Janner
AdamBlade, you will have noted that one or two of the regular posters know each other farily well so hence the banter, I'm sure it won't take you long to also join in the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
AdamBlade

AdamBlade

Cheers Keith, I've been on here for about a month but only just registered. I have noticed that there are a lot of regulars. I'll make sure I join in

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning and welcome AB. You say when you get the bug you may think about getting a better bike. That is the start of the decline into spending loads of money that you can't afford, on bike bits that you don't need, and you will end up with too many bikes. Welcome to the madhouse.:biggrin:

OP
OP
AdamBlade

AdamBlade

I'm just waiting for work to pull their finger out and organise the Cycle-2-Work scheme. I've been looking at a Bianchi C2C Via Nirone 7 Sora Compact 08, http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/id40521.html. Anyone got any thoughts on this or would I be better with something else? I'm currently doing about 12-14 miles per day with a view to getting out more at weekends to do 30-40 mile runs.

Top Bottom