1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie saying hi

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Janeyb, 6 Mar 2008.

1. Janeyb

Janeyb Senior Member

Hi there all. Just thought I'd introduce myself before boring you all stupid with loads of questions. Just getting back into biking after having a spill on my mountain bike last year and breaking my arm etc etc etc! Just off this weekend to venture off road on my bike for the first time since! Scared stiff but gotta be done.

I'm 37, and live in Norfolk so not much chance of hills but some lovely forest routes for off roading. I bike of often as I can including cycling to/from train station for work 3 days a week. Am a glutton for punishment as use my old cruiser bike which is heavy but gives me a good workout on the flat route! My other bike is a Carrera (gryphon or gravity can't remember which) bought from Halfords about 10 years ago! It has no suspension and is just about falling apart so some of the first questions I'm going to pose are regarding the purchase of a new bike! Watch this space!

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

hello and welcome. no question is too stupid to ask.

3. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Hello, lots of advice on here - ask away !

4. cyclebum

cyclebum Senior Member

Hi there and welcome :ohmy:
    As for stupid questions, we all ask them and I should know as I've asked my fair share;), but you'll always get a response one way or another :biggrin:;):smile: :biggrin:

5. Janeyb

Janeyb Senior Member

Thanks guys and gals.....just heard the weekend is going to be wet, so if I get home in time tonight going to brave Shouldham Forest for a quick half hour off road and see how I feel - hubby can tag along then and keep an eye on me! Got to get my confidence back or else I can't buy a new bike!!!!! Will let you know how I get on and then start with the 'new bike advice' questions!!!!! Wish me luck!:biggrin:

6. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Hi there janeyb, There are no stupid questions, stupid answers maybe:ohmy:

7. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Ive lots of respect for people who ride in flat areas.

8. Me too - there's nothing flat about me though...:evil: Often a load of old hillocks to be found...:tongue:

Welcome Janeyb. Good! Chuck beret away and don helmet... :wacko:

9. betty swollocks

betty swollocks large member

I'll add a welcome too if I may: welcome!

10. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Absolutely. But most stupid of all is people who think they never need to ask questions, because they know it all already!

Welcome janey!

11. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Who can you mean Arch?

Hi JaneyB:biggrin:

12. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

Oh yeah!

13. Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig Vice President in Exile

Welcome and fire away as many questions as you want. You may be interested to know that a couple of other people have done the same thing in the past couple of weeks and a lot of your questions might just have been anticipated by them. Could save you time having to wade through lots of daft answers. But as people say, there are no daft questions.

14. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

Welcome fellow Norfolk person! Look out for wafflycat as well...she lives somewhere over your way I think.

15. Mac66

Mac66 Senior Member

As a newbie myself Janey I can say this bunch of guys and girls are a great bunch, with an often wicked sense of humour.