Newbie to the site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VAB_Ride

Hi All,
My name is Vicky and I'd been cycling for many years on and off but only really gotten into the sport in the past 3-years. I try to ride every day, as early as possible and if I don't I get a little cranky!! I might be becoming slightly obsessed!!

I tried jogging, gym, swimming beforehand but never really got into it. I wanted a sport/hobby that I could just decide to do and go do rather than have to depend on going somewhere first (like the gym/pool).

I'm based in North-West Kent and so right on the Downs... unless I ride London-bound it's hills, hills, hills...

I use a Garmin 830 to keep track of my activities in conjunction with cadence and a heart monitor... been looking into Power meters but it turns out that the crank on my Raleigh Mustang Comp is an in-house jobbie and so I'm struggling to find a compatible meter :sad:

Have a great day, keep cycling and stay safe!

Vicky

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hi All,
My name is Vicky and I'd been cycling for many years on and off but only really gotten into the sport in the past 3-years. I try to ride every day, as early as possible and if I don't I get a little cranky!! I might be becoming slightly obsessed!!

I tried jogging, gym, swimming beforehand but never really got into it. I wanted a sport/hobby that I could just decide to do and go do rather than have to depend on going somewhere first (like the gym/pool).

I'm based in North-West Kent and so right on the Downs... unless I ride London-bound it's hills, hills, hills...

I use a Garmin 830 to keep track of my activities in conjunction with cadence and a heart monitor... been looking into Power meters but it turns out that the crank on my Raleigh Mustang Comp is an in-house jobbie and so I'm struggling to find a compatible meter :sad:

Have a great day, keep cycling and stay safe!

Vicky
:welcome: the forum. All the help and advice you could possibly want, and a lot you don't.:laugh:

Top Bottom