newbie training and developing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Nearly fell of my chair on the train just now when I opened a Map my ride email. Apparently I'm Queen if the Mountains for one of my local hills and one which had totally defeated me until Saturday when I had my bike fit. Before somebody says it, no I'm not the only female on MMR that's done it either .
Not bad for a Hill Wimp and thank heavens for the bike fitter.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nearly fell of my chair on the train just now when I opened a Map my ride email. Apparently I'm Queen if the Mountains for one of my local hills and one which had totally defeated me until Saturday when I had my bike fit. Before somebody says it, no I'm not the only female on MMR that's done it either .
Not bad for a Hill Wimp and thank heavens for the bike fitter.

Which hill?

OP
OP
brett sleger

brett sleger

@Hill Wimp yes it really does haha I am up halfway on most of the strava rankings in my area which isnt all too bad as there are up to 900 on some of the segments.
My hill was an avg of 4.5% for a mile the segment starts after the first set of lights!

Haha well done @Hill Wimp ! My second to last mile on my ride last night is up a constant hill for around a mile I dont know the incline but its the third time iv ridden it and iv got quicker everytime!
I dont know if this will work Brett if it does its the climb you do, which is 0.6miles @ 3.7%avg grade 118ft elevation gain
http://app.strava.com/activities/72989216#z840|885

OP
OP
brett sleger

brett sleger

Ahh right wicked! Il check the link on the lappy later! As long as I keep improving then il be a happy rider! Haha. Im glad with progress so far im finding myself less tired after rides. Although I am gettin moaned at by the missus for being out the house soo much with cycling and all the other things iv had to do recently. Might have to change my cycle times im not sure yet! I originally started this to get fitter but now i think im addicted! Haha

Paul Gee

Brett, just checking your Strava, you must be cycling round the area of the Bikeathon. Is that a fairly flat route they will use?
Must look into getting Strava some time, looks very interesting and seems to give comparisons between you and other riders. Unfortunately I would have to upgrade my phone to use that, though my wife has the latest bells and whistle one so could download onto that, if permitted haha

Top Bottom