Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rebelpeter

Yo hello all new guy here and I am seeking some help regarding an old BSA racing bike I have just aquired it is in good condition and here are the details. Framenumber ND9124344 this is lightish green in colour and on the frame says Tour Of Britain, it has 5 gears 23" frame size, does anyone have an idea as to its age or maybe know where I can get it dated on thenet maybe . . . .Reb . . .

RhythMick

Über Member
Yo hello all new guy here and I am seeking some help regarding an old BSA racing bike I have just aquired it is in good condition and here are the details. Framenumber ND9124344 this is lightish green in colour and on the frame says Tour Of Britain, it has 5 gears 23" frame size, does anyone have an idea as to its age or maybe know where I can get it dated on thenet maybe . . . .Reb . . .
Hi Peter and welcome. Can't help with the bike though sorry.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

sidevalve

Über Member
You may be able to date it via the components [if they seem original]. If it's got ally rims I'd put it [without a piccy] at 60's to 70's. The trouble is BSA made bikes from the very early days of the industry [a lot of their m/cycles used cycle thread bolts] and often made big parts "in house".

OP
OP
R

rebelpeter

Thankx for your replies it has chrome rims and quite heavy ones, I am having one trued up has a slight buckle and 2 missing spokes, I will get the gear name as this may help someone date it, oh yes and has chrome metal handlebars too with chrome metal mudguards but the guards could have been added later I guess,

Top Bottom