Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Good to see that you are coming on with your cycling. A lot of us have been in the same position as you. Overweight and unfit. We've been there, done that and got the t-shirt.
Keep it up bud, it sure ain't easy sometimes but it does get easier as you get fitter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mikesshed

Mikesshed

I am losing weight, I was 17.5 stone at the start, I am just over 15 stone now

si_c

Guru
I am losing weight, I was 17.5 stone at the start, I am just over 15 stone now

Congrats, that's a fair bit of progress, next time you're in the supermarket, pick up 8 4 pint bottles of milk and imagine carrying them up a hill on your bike. Don't worry too much about measuring improvement, or whether you can do better, just enjoy it. You'll quickly find yourself going for a regular ride of 30miles or so.

t, pick up 8 4 pint bottles of milk and imagine carrying them up a hill on your bike.

I do two regularly its all my panniers will hold, well I could get a third in but its usually got a jar of coffee in as well, hill peaks about 10% but its not very long.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mikesshed

Mikesshed

Went to give bike a little clean, front tyre was flat, took wheel off, tyre off, innertube out, put new inner NO, wrong bloody valve, so stuck patch on old one, all good, get proper inner tube tomorrow Presta

Velominati

Am 53, overweight, cycling for first time in 25years, have a Kona Jake bike, all seems a struggle, feels alien
I'm also 53 years young, not overweight but I could be fitter, I have just got back into cycling, I have read through all the posts and you look to be doing really well, I like the fact that you fix your own bike, I also do all my own bike maintenance, its a kind of Zen thing for me. I just wanted to say that you are an inspiration, keep going, I will be following your progress with interest.

OP
OP
Mikesshed

Mikesshed

My philosophy is, its my bike so i'll fix it, having a couple of days off, from cycling or going mental for 30 mins on execise bike, diet has completely changed, better food choice and smaller plates and only one plate, last weight check was just under 15 stone

Cycleops

Legendary Member
My philosophy is, its my bike so i'll fix it, having a couple of days off, from cycling or going mental for 30 mins on execise bike, diet has completely changed, better food choice and smaller plates and only one plate, last weight check was just under 15 stone

Way to go. Good luck.

OP
OP
Mikesshed

Mikesshed

Not been on Lately, had some bad news which has knocked me a bit, trying to get back into to it, does feel like a restart, have been doing exercise bike and still losing weight, 14.5 stone now

Top Bottom