Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevey c

Hi all,my names steve and new to the forum. Trying to get into the road scene and haven't cycled for years and never owned a drop. Took the plunge today and bought a cube attain sl disc for a snip of £749 brand new. Lots of controversy about cube sizes and being 6ft tall I tried out the 56 and 58. Hmm well I'm not the fittest and don't fancy the head down bum up riding (do that on my motorbike) sat on the 56 and the seat post went all the way up to the line with 6 on it and I felt that the bars were to close to me. Tried the 58 and with higher head tube and seat only 6 to 7" high I felt a little more comfortable. I'm never going to be a racer and most of my riding will be for fitness not marathons. Hope I've made the right choice.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Hello steve and new to the forum, sounds like you made a decent choice. Being comfortable is the most important thing. Fitness will come with more riding, so :bicycle: more.

OP
OP
S

Stevey c

Didn't fancy carbon for my first bike even though only £250 more. If I enjoy and use regularly then I'll upgrade and use this one for a winter bike. If for some reason its not for me then I haven't lost a huge amount of money. Dipping my toe in the water first, as motorbikes my main stay in the summer months.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Stevey c welcome and only time will tell

cubey

Über Member
Hi Steve and welcome, looks like you bought the same bike as me.^_^ Mine is the black and green trim one. How you getting on with it, lovely bit of kit eh?:thumbsup:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Didn't fancy carbon for my first bike even though only £250 more. If I enjoy and use regularly then I'll upgrade and use this one for a winter bike. If for some reason its not for me then I haven't lost a huge amount of money. Dipping my toe in the water first, as motorbikes my main stay in the summer months.
Welcome! Definitely a good choice not to go for carbon as your first bike, if you take a tumble worst case scenario for bike is a few scratches or the odd new component. On a carbon you can write off your frame. Not worth it if you're riding for fun.

Top Bottom