NewBikeShopper (intro & opinion request)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello Forum, nice to virtually meet everyone,

My bike was stolen last week (Felt F1, Mavic Ksyrium, Ultegra), it was an older ride but many hours in the saddle and personal customizations make it difficult to let go.

I’m trying to replace it as soon as possible, hard to do with everything out of stock due to the pandemic, opinions & recommendations are greatly appreciated (so far narrowed it down to 3 frame options below):

I ride roughly 150-200 miles a week, weekdays are flats and weekends are climbs. I’m 5’11” with a slightly larger torso and as I’ve gotten older my setup is less aero than it used to be. My approach is to research a ton, invest wisely in the best, take very good care of it and keep for 10+ years.

Here’s the rub, I’ve tested the Emonda and I can ride away with it this weekend (from a shop I've never worked with before). Because of the industry’s supply & demand issues, the Pinarello and Colnago are anywhere from 4-8 months wait (from a shop owner I've trusted for years), however, he doesn't have anything in my size right now to test ride and I’ve never been on an Italian frame before.

- Trek Emonda SLR OCLV 800 (size 56)
- Pinarello Dogma F12 (size 55)
- Colgnago C64 (size TBD)

Thank you in advance!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and :welcome: to the forum.

Im sure the Emonda will be a fine bike for you. I shouldn’t get too hung up or too dogmatic over big name brands :smile:

Last edited:

cyclintom

I would recommend the Emonda as well. I would NOT get a C64 if it was given to me. Colnago makes good bikes but they are so overpriced that it feels like they're pressing a gun in your ribs. One of the things that I really have against Italian bikes is the Italian bottom bracket threading. I've had them back out several times over the years and while it didn't leave me stranded it did wreck a crankset or two.

OP
OP
NewBikeShopper
Thanks for your reply. You'd be surprised, a C64 is not that much more expensive than a fully loaded Emonda SLR.

Were you bottom bracket issues a while back? Pretty sure that's something that has been remedied, but will do some digging to find out.

Top Bottom