Newcastle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf04

Flying_Monkey said:
Or indeed the Cumberland Arms... I miss Newcastle a bit. There aren't any better cities in England.

I knew someone would mention it! Only pub I've been in which will serve beer straight from the cask. So only the Bridge left to mention from my favourite pub crawl. I'm off out for a pint, cheers.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Wolf04 said:
I knew someone would mention it! Only pub I've been in which will serve beer straight from the cask. So only the Bridge left to mention from my favourite pub crawl. I'm off out for a pint, cheers.

We must have run into each other at some point... :biggrin: Enjoy it, there's nowhere like Newcastle's pubs here (but lots of other compensations).

brokenbetty

Über Member
Top Newcastle pub review site:
http://www.theburglarsdog.co.uk/index.html

On the Bonded Warehouse: "Located in an old Quayside building, the Bonded Warehouse has miraculously managed to make genuine historical detail look like a tacky theme bar. With stone walls and an old wooden floor, and with the weight of tradition behind it, this place just couldn't fail, yet has still pulled off a spectacular disaster. " ;):laugh::wacko:

And the Blackett Arms: "I catch the eyes of the couple facing me; he's got his feet on the table and he's cleaning his ears with a beermat, and she's stuffed into her top like minced pig's knackers into sausage skin. And they're looking at us as if to say, "Who are you and what the **** are you doing in here?" shoot, man: Will this pint ever end?"

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
User1314 said:
I'm in Newcastle from Sunday lunch through to Thursday last week of June.

Can I borrow somebody's Geordie pass? I heard you get a 10% discount in pubs and restaurants if you can prove you were born in the area.

Who told you that??

graham56

Guru
User1314 said:
I'm in Newcastle from Sunday lunch through to Thursday last week of June.

Can I borrow somebody's Geordie pass? I heard you get a 10% discount in pubs and restaurants if you can prove you were born in the area.

You can have mine, as i 'm a real Geordie:becool::becool::becool:. Born in the toon and dragged up in Scotswood.Anyway i'm off to Cyprus on Sunday :smile: which i haven't visited for many a long year:sad:

graham56

Guru
Cumberland Arms, Crown Pasada and Free Trade- passe!!!

Used these pubs in the late 70's early 80's when real drinkers used them:smile::smile:, not the poncey student brigade. :becool::evil::smile:
What's that you say???

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
graham56 said:
Cumberland Arms, Crown Pasada and Free Trade- passe!!!

Used these pubs in the late 70's early 80's when real drinkers used them:smile::troll:, not the poncey student brigade. ;):evil::troll:
What's that you say???

You still don't see many students in any of those places. Maybe some of the more interesting staff from the universities.

Wolf04

Flying_Monkey said:
You still don't see many students in any of those places. Maybe some of the more interesting staff from the universities.

Yeh just us interesting Uni types!

Top Bottom