News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Mrs ID won a Tilley hat for me on Ebay and it just arrived, fits a treat and is like new (as they tend to be for quite a while).
The description said 'Sorry, no manual.' but the obviously washed-a-few-times Instruction Leaflet revealed itself, along with the emergency £10 Note and recommendations leaflet plastic bag, under the label, which is a hidden pocket on these. The previous owner never found it. :smile:

No knowing what a Tilley hat was.I just Googled it.Got to say,i like those very much,very much indeed.Off to e bay to have a gander.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
No knowing what a Tilley hat was.I just Googled it.Got to say,i like those very much,very much indeed.Off to e bay to have a gander.
Expensive but good. As a handy hint you can get the sizing right for you by going into a 'Go Outdoors' shop and trying them on, my local one had a stand with the various sizes and styles on. Don't like to showroom shops really but you really need to get it right for these hats that are £60 and over new. (We were buying a pair of boots for my daughter so I felt a bit better about trying their hats while I was there...:angel:)
My hemp one was £36 used, we tried bidding on plenty and honourably lost as they went for well over £45 but set our limit and eventually got one at our price.:smile:

jhawk

Veteran
Got meself this yesterday!

DSC_0135.jpg

:hyper:

TVC

Twentyfive years ago today Lullabelle and I went on our first date. Tonight we go out to celibrate the fact that she hasn't been able to shake me off yet.

I am a very lucky bloke.

Mandragora

Two weeks ago my little grand-daughter couldn't ride a bike. Today, she confidently rode her two wheeler round and round the park, stopping and starting by herself and her only instructions were 'No. Stop. Leave me. I can do it MYSELFFFFF'.
:bicycle::wahhey:

Ok. I had to buy her first a balance bike for her 5th birthday (£30, Tesco) and then, within a week, a light two wheeler (£35, Halfords) , because she was already waaaay past the 'Can I balance?' stage' - it had to be 'This is part two of your birthday present' and then not worry about the 'waste' of the money on the little balance bike. It was worth every penny to hear her say 'Can I bring my bike? I love riding my bike', when I picked her up this morning.

Even better news, her seven year old brother, who's never been taught, never shown any interest, now wants to learn. Once everyone's back from their summer holidays, that'll be the next project.

Top Bottom