Newts 1001 -- British Cycling 0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

girofan

Just read the latest on the Eastway debacle. Apparently the new temporary site for the Eastway User Group has Great Crested Newts on the land, plus other amphibians which are protected species. The land may not be developed for cycle racing until these creatures are removed!
Although the London Development Agency has had all summer to act, they have sat on their collective arses and done little. Now nothing can be acheived until after the winter and the Newts are active again.
Eastway User Group are understandably livid. Not only has the post Olympic site been reduced to a third of the original size. Now they have no temporary site to race on.
British Cycling must just be a joke to the LDA, ODA and Sports Council. Even though at the last Olympics cycling was the most successful sport for medals Britain had.
The officials of British Cycling just blithely allow things to deteriorate, instead of demanding of these quango's that which is the right of Eastway User Group's members.
Perhaps they are keeping their heads down until after 2012 when the MBE's, OBE's and similar are awarded to those who did nothing but took the plaudits!!!
Is anyone on the forum as appalled as I?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Shame Ken isn't into some other animal, but no, he loves newts, freak.......

http://www.newts.org/newtsweek/html/newtwatch.html

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I get the environmental thing, I know how important maintaining diversity is and all that stuff.

but for fecks sake, it's a bunch of newts, this country must be covered in them.

Just tarmac the place and get it done with, I don't care how special a newt is, delays to move each piddling newt costs millions......

postman

Legendary Member
Time for one of those mystery London fires.That keep cropping up.Roasted newt anyone?.

OP
OP
G

girofan

Time for one of those mystery London fires.That keep cropping up.Roasted newt anyone?.

Yes Postman Pat. I too have noticed the proliferation of fires on sites around the Olympic site. Could this possibly have anything to do with getting rid of asbestos, without the need to pay for the service?
There are big-bucks to be made from the London Olympics and these bastards are making sure they get every penny from it, whilst London/national tax payers pick up the tab!

postman

Legendary Member
Got form these Cockneys.Great Fire of London 1666 .What will be next Great Plague .Now where is that bird flu?.

Top Bottom