• Michael Fassbender

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dev Patel

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Sam Heughan (Who he?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Well, who would be your choice to play the next James Bond when Daniel Craig shuffles into retirement?

You could follow the formula - middle class, mid 30s white male or be a little more 21st Century and go for a BAME actor.

My choice - Charlize Theron. A tremendously talented actress who started out playing stunning bimbos before showing the world she really could act in "Monster" - the story of a serial killer. Of late she's developed a muscled physique to play action roles with epic fighting sequences. I think she would make a superb Bond - suave and sophisticated but capable of kicking the shoot out of bad guys.

Plus it would be worth it to see the Little Englanders blow a fuse at a woman playing their national macho icon. :tongue:

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm going with Keith Lemon.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Said it in the other thread... I'd have loved to have seen Clive Owen play Bond, though top of the list for me would be Idris Elba. He oozes everything a Bond "should" be.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I would have said Elba but I think that ship may have sailed now, but I think he would have been superb.
BTW, shouldn't the thread title be "Next 007" ?

tyred

Legendary Member
Steve Mc Fadden
200px-Phil_mitchell.jpg

MntnMan62

Über Member
I haven't yet settled on someone who I would like to see inherit the role from Craig. Part of it stems from the fact that I think Craig has really brought a nice edge to the role and really enjoyed all the movies he's been in, in spite of some questionable writing (Quantum of Solace). So I'm sorry to see him go. That said, I'm not interested in seeing a woman in the roll. I'm not against a woman as a spy. Rebecca Ferguson was awesome in Mission Impossible. Maggie Q in Designated Survivor is also fantastic as a woman spy. My only issue with it is that the Bond character was written as a man. Changing that up just doesn't make sense to me. If the role is filled by a woman, then it's no longer James Bond. I know. I'll get a lot of flack for taking this position. But I think the movies should follow the characters invented by Ian Fleming. And I have no problem with someone writing for a role that has a woman as the lead spy. But let that be it's own franchise.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Scilip Phofield.

Top Bottom