• Michael Fassbender

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dev Patel

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Sam Heughan (Who he?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I was considered too muscular to play Bond, too old to play Jack Reacher.

Life's not fair dude.

JPBoothy

Veteran
I haven't yet settled on someone who I would like to see inherit the role from Craig. Part of it stems from the fact that I think Craig has really brought a nice edge to the role and really enjoyed all the movies he's been in, in spite of some questionable writing (Quantum of Solace). So I'm sorry to see him go. That said, I'm not interested in seeing a woman in the roll. I'm not against a woman as a spy. Rebecca Ferguson was awesome in Mission Impossible. Maggie Q in Designated Survivor is also fantastic as a woman spy. My only issue with it is that the Bond character was written as a man. Changing that up just doesn't make sense to me. If the role is filled by a woman, then it's no longer James Bond. I know. I'll get a lot of flack for taking this position. But I think the movies should follow the characters invented by Ian Fleming. And I have no problem with someone writing for a role that has a woman as the lead spy. But let that be it's own franchise.
Phew, I was just thinking how to word my reply (I do tend to unintensional put my foot in it from time to time) when you saved me by saying it for me. Hopefully you shouldn't get any flack as you haven't been derogatory or chauvinistic in any way towards females and as you have said, swapping a character's gender after so many years doesn't make sense when they could just create an equally dynamic/deadly female character of their own. Changing 'M' was not a problem because 'M' is just the job role, but James Bond is a man. I can definitely appreciate why some of the 'less than pc' Bond girl names have been dropped though. I suppose all of the smarmy flirting with the ladies will have to go soon as well.

Drago

Legendary Member
I’m free🤬🧕🏿🧕🏿🧕🏿

postman

Legendary Member
It is 12 years old though.
It's uncanny!

Daniel Craig

View attachment 543303

Fab Foodie

View attachment 543302
no legs are too short.only two steps from the beach and we can't see his chest yet.Sorry a non starter.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I went for Cillian Murphy. Maybe Irish, but can do an excellent Brummie accent. Nobody outside the Black country would be able to understand him.:ohmy:

Skibird

Phew, I was just thinking how to word my reply (I do tend to unintensional put my foot in it from time to time) when you saved me by saying it for me. Hopefully you shouldn't get any flack as you haven't been derogatory or chauvinistic in any way towards females and as you have said, swapping a character's gender after so many years doesn't make sense when they could just create an equally dynamic/deadly female character of their own. Changing 'M' was not a problem because 'M' is just the job role, but James Bond is a man. I can definitely appreciate why some of the 'less than pc' Bond girl names have been dropped though. I suppose all of the smarmy flirting with the ladies will have to go soon as well.
As a female, I totally agree with you both!

Top Bottom