Next project ;-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Bit of a mess, looks like it could be a money pit! Good luck.

OP
OP
Tony Raynor

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Think it might be in better condition than the Bianchi I started. A good clean and polish will make it look better. Think I have some shimano 600 stuff around so the bad stuff will be removed. Need to check as all the catalogs I looked at reckons it may be reynolds 531 but without feeling the weight I'll not be able to confirm.

OP
OP
Tony Raynor

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Well picked it up and a few surprises were in store. The wheels are mavic A319 on deore hubs in good condition so not period but not too bad. Chainset is a modern sunrace, again not the worst with a shimano tourney rear mech. Forks are very rusty and frame looks ok but fair amount if rust.

I've taken it for a spin and I'm very impressed with the ride. Feels nice and light and very easy to ride. Need to completely strip it down and weigh the frame to see how light it really is.

I'll add some pictures of the frame later as it has me baffled. I'm guessing it's 70s due to some features but the lettering looks more 80s so any claud experts would be welcome to give me any more pointers.

Overall not bad for a measly £16.

OP
OP
Tony Raynor

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Ok here are the close up pictures. There was a sticker on the seat post stem but can't think what it might have been. Also the bridge for the back brake is arched rather than straight. Last thing that might help identify it is the top of the front forks have a triangular shape on them.

When I look at pictures from the catalogs you can't really see these things so I'm stuck to identify other than 70/80 ish especially with no original gear on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg