Next Time You're Off!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Stig-OT-Dump said:
Ideally these folk would be in the right place, or if they feel insecure on the road then at least show a light, ring a bell, shout a warning or even stop, just do something to alert me to their presence so I have longer to react in an appropriate manner.

You are very right on this. I took this as read from the OP but my comments were more aimed at giving them the chance to notice you and slow down and move over. Wishful thinking perhaps!

You must be built like a tank if you fancy your chances ;).

Cab

Stig-OT-Dump said:
Ah, but I'm not wanting to willfully barge anyone. I mean, I'm not going to veer off my path, sprint for 25m and launch into an unprovoked attack. I just don't think that I should take potentially hazardous avoidance action when I could enhance my safety by dropping a shoulder and planting a foot.

It would be a rare occurence, but it can come down to choosing how to handle a collision rather than risk a more serious incident. Makes sense to me. I remember once I was faced with either leaping over a fence into a road or just being in the way of two cyclists coming around a corner behind me once, I hadn't heard them coming and they were behind me so I didn't see them till it was way too late to get over the path to the other side, so covered my head and held my shoulder out. They both came off in a heap.

If they hadn't also been completely pissed they'd have been able to miss me on the pavement without falling off. I have no sympathy for that kind of riding.

Top Bottom