1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next year, I'm 60 and....

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by mr_hippo, 22 Dec 2007.

1. mr_hippo

mr_hippo Living Legend & Old Fart

I want to celebrate it in a special way. I have an idea that I think will work but I need some thoughts/opinions from fellow cyclists. I do not want to make my idea public yet for various reasons. If you PM me I will send you my rough outline - there is no rush for your replies

2. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

You're not *THE* Mr Hippo are you, perchance?

3. OP
    OP
    mr_hippo

^You mean the one who is wanted by the FBI, CIA, MIA, Interpol and the Tufty club? Yes!

4. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Ride all the great Cols in France...... unless you've done that already....it's something I want to do one day.

5. col

col Veteran

Glad im in the uk;)

6. Cheddar George

Cheddar George oober member

Mr Hippo..... international man of mystery !!

Unfortunately my imagination has now gone into overdrive and i fear that the truth would only leave me disappointed.

Is it cycling related ?

7. OP
    OP
    mr_hippo

^ Sorry to be an 'international man of mystery' but I normally keep quiet about my plans until they have started. I would not tell people that I was going for a job interview because when I did then I would not get the job!
    Yes, it is cycling related and I've sent you a PM

8. longers

longers Veteran

That's the way I do it.

Done deals are done deals. Not that I do deals though.

Can I have a PM please? My curiosity is growing.

9. OP
    OP
    mr_hippo

^PM sent

10. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

I'm also interested in what you are planning. Grand plans for my 40th did not happen this year hit it with a whimper it still bugs me, still have got a couple of milestones left I hope.

11. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

You're fifty nine? :ohmy: Good god, you don't look a day over fifty eight!

12. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

Yep - when I left the services I had 28 days leave to take, and always planned to do something special. Unfortunately I was offered a job - which at the time took priority. It was worthwhile as I am still in the job 11 years later, but still occasionally think "What if......"

13. Desert Orchid

Desert Orchid Senior Member

Climbing Alp DHuez had been one thing i'd always wanted to do, but I thought had passed me by until a mate suggested doing it to celebrate our 50th 18 months later we climbed the alp at the finish of the Marmotte, superb !