Next year, I'm 60 and....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
I want to celebrate it in a special way. I have an idea that I think will work but I need some thoughts/opinions from fellow cyclists. I do not want to make my idea public yet for various reasons. If you PM me I will send you my rough outline - there is no rush for your replies

Abitrary

mr_hippo said:
I want to celebrate it in a special way. I have an idea that I think will work but I need some thoughts/opinions from fellow cyclists. I do not want to make my idea public yet for various reasons. If you PM me I will send you my rough outline - there is no rush for your replies

You're not *THE* Mr Hippo are you, perchance?

col

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
Ride all the great Cols in France...... unless you've done that already....it's something I want to do one day.

Glad im in the uk;)

Cheddar George

oober member
Mr Hippo..... international man of mystery !!

Unfortunately my imagination has now gone into overdrive and i fear that the truth would only leave me disappointed.

Is it cycling related ?

OP
OP
mr_hippo

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
^ Sorry to be an 'international man of mystery' but I normally keep quiet about my plans until they have started. I would not tell people that I was going for a job interview because when I did then I would not get the job!
Yes, it is cycling related and I've sent you a PM

longers

Legendary Member
mr_hippo said:
^ Sorry to be an 'international man of mystery' but I normally keep quiet about my plans until they have started. I would not tell people that I was going for a job interview because when I did then I would not get the job!

That's the way I do it.

Done deals are done deals. Not that I do deals though.

Can I have a PM please? My curiosity is growing.

OP
OP
mr_hippo

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
^PM sent

mondobongo

Über Member
I'm also interested in what you are planning. Grand plans for my 40th did not happen this year hit it with a whimper it still bugs me, still have got a couple of milestones left I hope.

mondobongo said:
I'm also interested in what you are planning. Grand plans for my 40th did not happen this year hit it with a whimper it still bugs me, still have got a couple of milestones left I hope.

Yep - when I left the services I had 28 days leave to take, and always planned to do something special. Unfortunately I was offered a job - which at the time took priority. It was worthwhile as I am still in the job 11 years later, but still occasionally think "What if......"

Desert Orchid

Climbing Alp DHuez had been one thing i'd always wanted to do, but I thought had passed me by until a mate suggested doing it to celebrate our 50th 18 months later we climbed the alp at the finish of the Marmotte, superb !

Top Bottom