Nice clipless moment!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Right outside my office last night, just slid in front of a van full of workmen that were in the cycle box and hence had to go slightly uphill, went into my normal trackstand but just couldn't get balanced right. Nevertheless I felt sure I was fine, loads of pedestrians walking by and then I suddenly knew that I had gone from just not feeling my normal good balance to the point where I was going to lose it!

Down I went! ;):blush:;):blush:

A nice girl asked me if I was okay as I managed to get my foot out of the pedal and struggle back to my foot. Luckily the lights changed and I just pegged it off and away. :blush::blush::blush::biggrin:

Maz

Guru
domtyler said:
A nice girl asked me if I was okay as I managed to get my foot out of the pedal and struggle back to my foot...
Yeah whatever. Did you manage to get her number, though?

Glad you are still in one piece. Normally the embarrassment hurts more than the fall!

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Maz said:
Yeah whatever. Did you manage to get her number, though?

Glad you are still in one piece. Normally the embarrassment hurts more than the fall!

She was too busy smirking at me for anything else! ;)

Maz

Guru
I must say I find the lack of concern for Dom's welfare very disappointing, to say the least. Comments like 'ha ha' and 'LOL' are hurtful and cruel.

Tetedelacourse

He posted it to amuse (which it did).

You of all people should understand that.

Doing a trackstand, losing your balance, outside your work = fanny.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Tetedelacourse said:
Doing a trackstand, losing your balance, outside your work = fanny.

You can't argue with that Maths.

Looking on the bright side, at least you weren't outside a farm, and at least your fall wasn't cushioned by cow shoot[1] Dom.

[1] This is the joy of cycling in the country, innit.

yenrod

So, Doms USUAL laser-like concentration lapsed...

;)

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
fossyant said:
Any work mates see you - or is that flying round the email today...ho ho ho !!!

I think I got away with it, occasionally there are a few people from my team smoking in the vicinity but not at that time. I do chat to the security guards who would be more likely to have spotted it but no one said anything this morning and I made a point of looking the other way! :tongue::rolleyes:

I'd love to have seen the van full of workmen though! Bet they were pissing themselves!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
domtyler said:
A nice girl asked me if I was okay as I managed to get my foot out of the pedal and struggle back to my foot.

Interesting chat up technique, do find it works often?? :rolleyes: