Nice film by Jon Snow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
The camera angles make it really hard for him to get any of his points accross if you dont already know what hes talking about.

PedalCat

I like sandwiches
I gave up at the point where he told us he RLJs and then immediately afterwards complained about someone else RLJing.
But he explained why he jumps red lights, and he identified a dangerous attitude that we see from many drivers. Jumping red lights may be illegal, but it is certainly not always immoral or dangerous. Maybe he'll prompt a debate on the possibility of cyclists being allowed by law to set off from junctions earlier than other traffic.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
But he explained why he jumps red lights
As no doubt would the RR driver if we'd asked him, but that doesn't make it anything other than self-serving nonsense.

I don't RLJ, and I don't put myself in danger at traffic lights.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
That's one duff video, Danny. If it were just some random muppet it would hardly matter, but he's supposed to be president of CTC, and he's putting out shite with subtitles like "Cycle Tracks Will Abound in Utopia". Will they bollocks. WTF is "Wheels of Chance" supposed to mean, anyway??? And as several people have said, the camera angle is ridiculous. He's a nice chap, but all it does is make cycling in London look a hundred times less fun than it is.

Hip Priest

Veteran
The argument is you're not going to get squashed by the left-turning lorry you just filtered up the inside of. In this case maybe two poor bits of cycling does make you safer.

Ah, I see.

Then I shall continue to not filter up the inside of large vehicles and take a prominent position behind.

Top Bottom