Nice looking Condor Heritage on ebay for (currently) not a lot of money..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Apparently a 52cm frame according to the listing; currently up at £155 with 4hrs to go. No doubt it'll shoot up in the final hours but looks worth a watch if you're in the market for such a bike :smile:

s-l1600.jpg

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Went for £820 in the end - not peanuts but equally not terrible considering what it initially cost. Not sure I could spend that much on something with cable actuated discs mind..

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Went for £820 in the end - not peanuts but equally not terrible considering what it initially cost. Not sure I could spend that much on something with cable actuated discs mind..

Sounds a fair price. A new one must be £2k these days. I have a fixie Condor and it's lovely

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Sounds a fair price. A new one must be £2k these days. I have a fixie Condor and it's lovely

Aye; the listing contained receipts for £2.6k.

Is yours the Classico Pista? I've been keeping an eye on the geared Classicos - there are a couple on ebay; one appears reasonably priced but is too small, the other would probably fit me and looks fantastic but is £2.5k :rolleyes:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Aye; the listing contained receipts for £2.6k.

Is yours the Classico Pista? I've been keeping an eye on the geared Classicos - there are a couple on ebay; one appears reasonably priced but is too small, the other would probably fit me and looks fantastic but is £2.5k :rolleyes:

Mine's their Tempo, which is the fixie variant with same frame as their audax Fratello. I spotted my bike (a little over a grand back when I bought it) is now £950 just for the frame so £800 odd for the ebay complete bike seems pretty fair

vickster

Legendary Member
Condor bikes can be very good value used, the frameset of my Gran Fondo alone was around 2.5k new IIRC, I got mine in v good condition for just over £1k for full bike with Ultegra 10 speed triple and handbuilt wheels. They are incredibly rare beasts though, I waited 6 years for a 55cm frame to appear on eBay!! 🦄

I went to their store a couple of weeks ago, don’t think they had any bikes on the shop floor for under 2.5k!

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Condor bikes can be very good value used, the frameset of my Gran Fondo alone was around 2.5k new IIRC, I got mine in v good condition for just over £1k for full bike with Ultegra 10 speed triple and handbuilt wheels. They are incredibly rare beasts though, I waited 6 years for a 55cm frame to appear on eBay!! 🦄

I went to their store a couple of weeks ago, don’t think they had any bikes on the shop floor for under 2.5k!

Thanks - I'd come to a similar conclusion; they seem like decent bikes but perhaps not as well-known as some brands which might affect used prices.

Funnily enough I was doing a bit of work on site a few weeks ago and a group of tourists stopped by for lunch. Two decidedly boring bikes but one really nice looking Condor Heritage that seemed the same spec as that in the listing. The owner rated it highly too - apparently it got more miles than his CdF, although I'm not sure what the spec of the Genesis was so maybe / maybe not a fair comparison.

While I'm sorted for a tourer / gravel bike I'd love a modern, lugged steel road bike and the Classico seems like a decent choice :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
You do see a fair few around London and I think there are/were a couple of other Condor sellers, maybe one in York?

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

You do see a fair few around London and I think there are/were a couple of other Condor sellers, maybe one in York?

Indeed - I think they're well established and thought-of; just moreso in the minds of committed enthusiasts rather the the casual cyclist who might go with something more well-known / common.

Top Bottom